The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting Course offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old.
Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies.
The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
Red Cross Youth Leader
Minimum 11 years of age
(or completion of
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Course Completion Certificate